Lawson E. Thomas Courthouse Center
175 NW 1st Avenue
Miami FL 33128
Official Job Description
Official Job Title:
SharePoint Developer/Web Designer - Court Information Technology Services (CITeS) - State Funded
) + Benefits
40 hours per week
SharePoint Developer/Web Designer
Trial Court Technology Officer
This position is part of the Applications group within the Courts Information Technology Services (CITeS) Division that provides key applications to the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida. This is a key role working directly with end users in the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC), the members of the development team, as well as management under the direction of the Applications Development Manager to help lead the development of internal and external-facing collaboration worksites and communities via SharePoint and related technologies. The role also requires the ability to create visually appealing web and user interfaces. The incumbent will participate in state-wide, cross-line teams to define business process, compile requirements, draw up technical designs, and implement efficient solutions. This position will employ appropriate quality software engineering practice and deploy into a state wide production environment. Balancing multiple projects and strong ability to work in a team environment are key aspects of this position.
• Work with client and project management teams to translate business cases into requirements, functional specifications and project work plans.
• Work with client and project management teams to clearly articulate project requirements and objectives, identify and analyze preliminary business needs, time estimates, and define the project scope and objectives.
• Develop, design, and architect web applications in both standalone and team environment.
• Communicate information architecture, project design (both user interface and technical) with client.
• Enforce and follow development standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Keep abreast of new technologies.
• Manage multiple projects, both large and small, at once.
• Perform related work as required.
Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other coursework showing extensive emphasis on programming; Master's Degree preferred with seven years of application development using object-oriented languages and at least two years of developmental experience with each of the following:
• Extensive, hands-on experience of web application and/or consumer Internet environment.
• NET technologies using VB.NET and C# programming languages.
• Visual Studio, SourceSafe development environment.
• Database Administration Relational Database Management Systems (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) using Structure Query Language (SQL).
• Supporting web-based applications using Microsoft IIS.
• Microsoft certification preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
• Proficiency with SharePoint (ideally 2013, but at least 2010), including administration, web parts, site customization, and SharePoint Designer.
• Solid knowledge/understanding of SharePoint Server Web Content Management capabilities including publishing features, content deployment, content approval and scheduling and web page authoring
• Extensive knowledge with XML concepts related to datasets, serialization and XML schemas.
• Solid knowledge in data driven, web application development, using Microsoft technologies.
• Solid knowledge in Microsoft .NET Framework.
• Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming (OOPS) and UML methodologies for creation and maintenance of software classes suited for code reuse by development team and/or new development.
• Knowledge of a wide range of programming languages and styles and the ability to reverse engineer legacy applications.
• Knowledge of application development processes including design, prototyping, testing and deployment.
• Knowledge of general system administration in Microsoft Windows environment.
• Knowledge of Extreme programming practices.
• Knowledge of Microsoft IIS and .NET web application servers.
• Ability to fully utilize the Internet technologies available such as .Net, Client-Server, N-Tier, and Model View Controller architectures.
• Ability to use Rapid Application Development tools and component technologies to build client-side and server-side Web applications.
• Ability to effectively organize project tasks and develop a successful product.
• Ability to contribute technically in a broad range of areas including programming, design and architecture.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong communication skills and technical understanding of enterprise class protocols and systems.
Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, talking, listening, balancing, stooping, and reaching with hands and arms; must be able to transfer up to 10 pounds.
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or a related technical field?
How many years of experience do you have with SharePoint development?
How many years of experience do you have with .NET Framework and/or ASP.NET?
How many years of experience do you have with web design and/or web UI design/development?
Are you currently employed by the Eleventh Judicial Circuit?
Are you a Miami-Dade County Pipeline Employee?
About the Court
Court Appointed Counsel
Visiting the Courts
Judge's Calendar Information
Copyright © 2010 Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida. All Rights Reserved.
This page may require downloading Acrobat Adobe Reader to view specific documents.
Get Adobe Reader