The Systems Analyst Programmer 2 is responsible for the analysis, design, development and support of custom solutions to support the judiciary and court staff of the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
The position requires independent work habits on complex technical programming assignments and is responsible for independent problem resolution. General supervision is received from a technical supervisor who provides guidance in project assignments and reviews work for achievement of desired results and objectives.
- Meet with judiciary, court staff and other agencies to identify business process improvements, gather project requirements, assist users in defining needs and propose solutions which will meet the user’s needs
- Ability to determine the need for new software, evaluating alternatives, and developing or acquiring suitable programs; testing, debugging, and implementing these programs; and maintaining documentation for them
- Design and develop program code, perform program testing and data verification to ensure accuracy of the final product; Perform enhancements and debugs issues with existing in-house applications; recommends system software improvements
- Monitor and maintain software licensing and maintenance agreements
- Prescribe how other computer professionals may use the computer system by specifying the technical standards and conventions; providing essential information to users and computing professionals; consulting with users and computing professionals on technical problems; and coordinating work with other areas in a technology department
- Serve as technical consultant to computing professional, users and departmental management
- Create technical and end-user documentation
- Collaborate with IT staff from other agencies such as Miami-Dade County, Clerk of Courts and/or external partner agencies for technical projects and/or resolve system issues; Participate as member of technical user groups
- Evaluate new software development tools; keep abreast of new emerging technology
- Provide technical expertise for planning and design of new systems
- Performs related work as required
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Public Administration or a related field and an equivalent of two years of computer programming/systems analysis experience is required. Acceptable computer programming/systems analysis experience is based on the knowledge, skills and abilities are described below:
- Thorough knowledge web-based development using HTML, XML/XSLT, DHTML, CSS, VB and Java scripting, ASP/ASP.NET, .NET using VB or C#, Microsoft IIS; SharePoint development a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Windows OS (XP, Windows 7 and Windows Servers) including administration of the Windows environments
- Considerable knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Crystal Reports
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of systems analysis and design
- Well-versed in the usage of Microsoft Office products and office automation
- General knowledge of RDBMS; medium to advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience and ability to diagnose system malfunctions; detect computer programming and equipment malfunctions
- Experience and ability to handle complex applications; define operational problems and develop solutions
- Experience and ability to work on assigned projects independently and with minimum supervision
- Experience and ability to use a wide range of resources to independently solve problems including complex programming errors
- Experience and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations employees of the court, Miami-Dade County and other external agencies
- Experience and ability to determine the feasibility of the application of computer systems to user informational requirements
- Experience and ability to communicate ideas/information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical employees
- Experience and ability to apply continuous and rigorous attention to detail
- Experience and considerable knowledge of symbolic logic, mathematics and business statistics
Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, talking, listening, and reaching with hands and arms; must be able to transfer up to 10 pounds. Must be able to travel to various court locations and county offices.
QHow many years of experience programming using Visual Studio (Visual Studio 2008, 2010 or 2012)?
QHow many years of experience with VB.NET and/or C Sharp.NET?
QHow many years of experience with a RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server?
QHow many years of experience with web development?
QHow many years of experience using Java script?
QDo you have experience with SharePoint and/or SharePoint workflows?
QDo you have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Computer Technology or related field?